[openstack-dev] [kolla][kolla-ansible][kolla-kubernetes] Kolla core election policy change - vote

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:23:27 UTC 2016

Hello,

In light of recent events (kolla-kubernetes becoming thriving project,
kolla-ansible being split) I feel we need to change of core reviewer
election process.

Currently Kolla was single core team. That is no longer the case, as
right now we have 3 distinct core teams (kolla, kolla-ansible and
kolla-kubernetes), although for now with big overlap in terms of
people in them.

For future-proofing, as we already have difference between teams, I
propose following change to core election process:

Core reviewer voting rights are reserved by core team in question.
Which means if someone propose core reviewer to kolla-kubernetes, only
kolla-kubernetes cores has a voting right (not kolla or kolla-ansible
cores).

Voting will be open until 30 Nov '16 end of day. Reviewers from all
core teams in kolla has voting rights on this policy change.

Regards
Michal