[openstack-dev] [glance] Flakey functional test (Was: [Openstack-stable-maint] Stable check of openstack/glance failed)

Tomislav.Sukser at telekom.de Tomislav.Sukser at telekom.de
Wed Nov 16 13:07:42 UTC 2016

> Hi Glance team members,
>
> Over the weekend one of our stable periodic jobs failed. It failed on
> a test (glance.tests.functional.test_reload.TestReload.test_reload)
> that I've seen fail a couple times previously. I've created a bug for
> this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1641670 And I'm hoping
> someone will be able to reproduce it and fix it.
>
> I suspect, this is a matter of resource contention in the donated VMs
> that our CI uses, but I can't be certain.
>
> The stable team would greatly appreciate help diagnosing and fixing this issue.

Hi,

Even I was unable to reproduce the issue, I found something slightly odd.
The reloaded log file is named etcnew.log and placed in the same directory
as api.log, registry.log and others. Look like this is due to the name
construction (in glance/tests/functional/test_reload.py:245):

        conf_dir = os.path.join(self.test_dir, 'etc')
        log_file = conf_dir + 'new.log'

Although this might be nice to fix, it doesn't look like a problem to me.

Since there's nothing pointing to any problems here, I would just ask is
it possible that log file is not created if there's nothing to log?
(and only if that is the case - I would suggest adding some dummy request
Which would result in log entry; if not - please ignore this idea)

Kind regards,
Tomislav Sukser