[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron-lib impact

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Wed Nov 16 08:55:53 UTC 2016

Hi,
The directory integration will break all of the plugins and neutron projects. I do not think that this is something that we should do. It breaks the neutron API contract.
I think that we should only unblock the patch https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386845. I think that due to the fact that this patch (very big) will break all plugins, we should only approve it once every sub project owner has chimed in. This will mean that she/he will need to understand that there may be some tweaks involved in getting unit tests to pass. CI may automagically work.
I feel that as a core reviewer my responsibility is to make sure that we do not break things. In addition to this we have a responsibility to ensure that things continue to work. Hopefully we can find a way to do this in a more friendly manner.
Thanks
Gary