[openstack-dev] [Stable] Usefulness of Weekly Meeting

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Nov 15 22:53:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:25:26AM -0800, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So the stable-maintenance team (and liaisons to it) have had a meeting
> scheduled for a while now. Recently, however, we've had trouble
> getting more than one person to attend meetings when we have them.

I need to apologise for letting this happen.  The current arrangement with 2
meetings US/EU and US/AU means that I can only attend the US/AU timeslot, and I
failed to set someone to run the US/EU meeting.  I'd like to propose that we
switch the arrantment to:

    US/AU: #openstack-meeting-4 2100 UTC Monday (same time as now different room)
    AU/EU: #openstack-meeting-4 1000 UTC Monday

Alternate weeks, although we *could* run both meetings on the same day every
2nd week if people wanted.

> I wonder if it would be more useful to less frequent meetings (perhaps
> every other week) and if we need to reschedule them to better serve
> those who plan to attend.

As always it's a question of less often is harder to form a habit.  I'd like to
request we try the new schedule until the PTG and then re-evaluate.

Yours Tony.