[openstack-dev] [gnocchi] new measures backlog scheduling

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Nov 15 17:39:42 UTC 2016

On 15/11/16 04:53 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> Yeah in the case of the Swift driver for Gnocchi, I'm not really sure
> how much buckets we should create. Should we make the user pick a random
> number like the number of partition in Swift and then create the
> containers in Swift? Or can we have something simpler? (I like automagic
> things). WDYT Gordon?

tbh, i'm not entirely sure how many buckets we need either so i doubt
users will know how many buckets they need.lol Ceph has that calculator
to tell you ratio of of placement groups to OSD but i'll be honest, even
when i use that, i'm just blindly typing numbers in.

also, if we make it configurable, then we need to add code in that
rearranges buckets when it's changed... so... i'm hoping for something
static if possible (although probably not?)

i imagine we want less than 1K metrics/bucket? assuming it ends up being
maybe 5 objects/metric?... seems we need some calculator here. :(

cheers,

--
gord