[openstack-dev] [nova] Problem with Quota and servers spawned in groups

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:05:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 17:34:28 -0600, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Why do we want to return a list of uuids for servers created? I thought
> that's why we have the 'return_reservation_id' request parameter for the
> server multiple-create scenario so that you can get a single reservation
> ID back and all of the servers created are using that same
> reservation_id and then you can query them by that later if you want to
> list them out.

As far as I know, doing that would be a nice-to-have for people using
multi-create, so they get the uuids in one step instead of having to do
a second query for them using the reservation_id. It's not technically
necessary and I don't think it's related to this multi-create quota
behavior issue.

-melanie