[openstack-dev] [nova] placement / resource providers ocata summit session recaps

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:28:39 UTC 2016

Matt, thanks much for your excellent summary of the resource provider
sessions in Barcelona. A couple minor corrections noted below.

On 11/02/2016 01:54 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> - Custom resource classes
>
> The code for this is moving along and being reviewed. There will be
> namespaces on the standard resource classes that nova provides.

Note that the opposite is what was decided: there will be no namespace
on standard resource classes, but we will be using a CUSTOM_ string
prefix for any resource classes that are added via the REST API (i.e.
they are user-created "custom resource classes").

All other resource classes that exist now (or in the future) in the list
of standard resource classes will have no string prefix.

> The resource tracker will create inventory/allocation records for the
> Ironic nodes. The Ironic inventory records will use the
> node.resource_class value as the custom resource class.

node.node_class attribute, but yes.

Best,
-jay