[openstack-dev] [all][infra][requirements] Odd cases in requirements?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Nov 11 00:35:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 12:08:04PM +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 10 Nov 2016 9:29 PM, "Tony Breeds" <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 08:48:16PM +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> >
> > > We generate multiline constraints whenever versions are different
> > > between python 2 and 3 for the same package. That was happening when I
> > > wrote the tool in the first place - it was one of the reasons I wrote
> > > edit-constraints, to avoid writing silly-awkward sed. (A multiline
> > > constraint when sedd'd will error with 'requirement already supplied'
> > > or whatever the pip error string is.
> >
> > Okay.  It's unlikley that we'll hit that case but not impossible.
>
> Currently happening to dnspython3 right now :)

Sure, but that's a little different to what we're talking about here.

I'd really like to hope[1] that we don't have any *openstack* projects that
have multiple lines of constratins.  Even if we did sed would handle that.

Regardless, we'll use edit-constratins as that'll work on windows.

Yours Tony.

[1] Yes I know "Hope is not a strategy" ;P