[openstack-dev] [requirements][kolla][security] pycrypto vs cryptography

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Nov 8 21:50:10 UTC 2016

Ok,

Pavo has told me he has exceptions in place for everything related to Kolla.  He says as long as we don’t use MD5, he is good to go for a 232 node deploy with more to follow (assuming Kolla works out of the box at that scale - we have only tested 123 node scale).

We do some basic PRNG to generate passwords, and some PKCS#11 (iirc) algos to generate passwords, and we also generate some ssh public/private keys.

Hope the security context helps.

Thanks everyone on his thread for providing guidance.  RobC++ on article.

Regards
-steve