[openstack-dev] [ironic] python-wsmanclient future

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 13:51:31 UTC 2016

Hi folks!

In view of the Ironic governance discussion [1] I'd like to talk about
wsmanclient [2] future.

This project was created to split away wsman code from python-dracclient to be
reused in other drivers (I can only think of AMT right now). This was never
finished: dracclient still uses its internal wsman implementation.

To make it worse, the guy behind this effort (ifarkas) has left our team,
python-dracclient is likely to leave Ironic governance per [1], and the AMT
driver is going to leave the Ironic tree.

At least the majority of the folks currently behind dracclient (Miles, Lucas and
myself) do not have resources to continue this wsmanclient effort. Unless
somebody is ready to take over both wsmanclient itself and the effort to port
dracclient, I suggest we abandon wsmanclient.

Any thoughts?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/392685/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/python-wsmanclient