[openstack-dev] [kolla] Propose removal of TrivialFix requirement

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Nov 4 22:32:27 UTC 2016

Jeremy,

Kolla doesn’t want to be a special snowflake WRT patches.  TrivialFix was introduced to help core reviewers identify what bugs need backports vs which changes do not or are feature changes (which we also don’t backport).  We don’t always get backport tracking correctly, but I think we are running about 90% or better, which is GEFN.  Gaming reviews by using TrivialFix that require actual backports are responded to in my reviews with a polite “Please add a Bug ID” with a -1 associated in the review.  I believe most of the core team is on board with this model – if not we should have a vote on it amongst the core reviewer team.

Regards
-steve