[openstack-dev] [monasca] License for monasca-statsd

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Nov 4 15:05:09 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Chuck Short's message of 2016-11-03 15:03:44 -0400:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at packaging monasca-statsd since it is a dependency for
> designate, however when I look at the license for it,it says Apache-2.
> However the LICENSE file included in the source  is that the software is
> provided as is...etc etc. Could we get some clarification please?
>
> Thanks
> chuck

In the release team meeting today we agreed to freeze Monasca releases
until this question is resolved, just to avoid making the situation
"worse" with more releases. Given how close we are to the summit, I
don't expect that to really cause any issues.

When it is fixed, we should go ahead and backport the change to any open
stable branches and prepare new releases from those, too.

Doug