[openstack-dev] [puppet][fuel][packstack][tripleo] puppet 3 end of life

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 15:58:55 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

Puppet 3 is reaching it's end of life at the end of this year[0].
Because of this we are planning on dropping official puppet 3 support
as part of the Ocata cycle.  While we currently are not planning on
doing any large scale conversion of code over to puppet 4 only syntax,
we may allow some minor things in that could break backwards
compatibility.  Based on feedback we've received, it seems that most
people who may still be using puppet 3 are using older (< Newton)
versions of the modules.  These modules will continue to be puppet 3.x
compatible but we're using Ocata as the version where Puppet 4 should
be the target version.

If anyone has any concerns or issues around this, please let us know.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://puppet.com/misc/puppet-enterprise-lifecycle