[openstack-dev] [manila] Access key via the UI?

Ravi, Goutham Goutham.PachaRavi at netapp.com
Thu Nov 3 14:33:33 UTC 2016

Ah. I’d let Tom or Ramana weigh in on that. IIRC, the access key is plaintext, so, I thought it can be displayed; that’s what the CLI is doing.
Reading the spec though, this was an intended part of the feature: http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/manila-specs/specs/newton/auth-access-keys.html

From: Arne Wiebalck <Arne.Wiebalck at cern.ch>
Date: Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [manila] Access key via the UI?

Hi Goutham,

It’s already being returned in the manila access-list API as of 2.21, if you’re using the latest python-manilaclient, you should have it there. However, it’s missing in the UI:

Yes, I was comparing what I can do on the CLI and what was offered with the UI.

https://github.com/openstack/manila-ui/blob/c986a100eecf46af4b597cdcf59b5bc1edc2d1b0/manila_ui/dashboards/project/shares/shares/tables.py#L278

Are you suggesting to simply display it? (I was more thinking of a one-time download when giving access,
similar to what is offered for keys for instance creation.)

Could you open a bug?

Just did it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/manila-ui/+bug/1638934

Thanks!