[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] Debugging slow Xenial gate

Jesse Pretorius Jesse.Pretorius at rackspace.co.uk
Wed Nov 2 14:06:19 UTC 2016

> On 11/2/16, 1:51 PM, "Major Hayden" <major at mhtx.net> wrote:
>    I tossed up a horribly written hack[0] to change some CPU scheduler settings back to the Trusty settings.  My initial tests were great!  Also, the first test in OpenStack CI was really good --  62 minutes for trusty and 65 minutes for xenial.  However, that seems to be a fluke since the second test had a 30 minute gap between the test durations. :(

I think that difference was due to the hardware/contention profiles of the different nodepool providers. You’ll have to do tests somewhere we you can execute on a consistent hardware profile, ideally with no other contention on the host, in order to get reliable comparisons.

I think Logan may be able to help with that. Alternatively perhaps you can get access to an OSIC host or instance for testing?

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.