[openstack-dev] [nova] [cinder] Issue with live migration of instances with encrypted volumes

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Nov 1 11:29:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 11:22:25AM +0000, Carlton, Paul (Cloud Services) wrote:
> I'm working on a bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1633033 with the live migration of
>
> instances with encrypted volumes. I've submitted a work in progress version of a patch
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/389608 but I can't overcome an issue with an iscsi command
>
> failure that only occurs for encrypted volumes during the post migration processing, see
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/587535/
>

> Does anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed with this issue?

No particular ideas, but I wanted to point out that the scsi_id command
shown in that stack trace has a device path that points to the raw
iSCSI LUN, not to the dm-crypt overlay. So it looks like you're hitting
a failure before you get the encryption part, so encryption might be
unrelated.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|