[openstack-dev] [neutron][routed-network] Host doesn't connected any segments when creating port

zhi changzhi1990 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 07:47:57 UTC 2016

Hi, shihanzhang.

I still have a question about routed network. I have two subnets. One is
10.1.0.0/24 and the other is 10.1.1.0/24. I create two instances in each
host.
Such as 10.1.0.10 and 10.1.1.10.

My question is, how does 10.1.0.10 connect to 10.1.1.10 ?  There is no any
gateway( 10.1.0.1 and 10.1.1.1 ) in each subnet.

Hope four your reply. ;-)

Thanks
Zhi Chang

> Hi, shihanzhang.
>
> Thanks for your advice. Now I can created ports successfully by your
> advice.
>

> Thanks
> Zhi Chang

>> Hi Zhi Chang,
>> Maybe you should add a config option in [ovs] section: bridge_mappings =
>> public:br-ex, physnet1:br-physnet1 to handle the provider network
>> 'physnet1'.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> shihanzhang
>>
>> At 2016-11-01 11:56:33, "zhi" <changzhi1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi shihanzhang.
>>
>> Below is configuration in ml2_conf.ini. Please review it. :)
>>
>> stack at devstack:~/neutron/neutron$ cat /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
>> |grep -v "#"|grep -v ^$
>> [DEFAULT]
>> [ml2]
>> tenant_network_types = vxlan
>> extension_drivers = port_security
>> mechanism_drivers = openvswitch,linuxbridge
>> tenant_network_types = vxlan
>> [ml2_type_flat]
>> flat_networks = public,public,
>> [ml2_type_geneve]
>> vni_ranges = 1:1000
>> [ml2_type_gre]
>> tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
>> [ml2_type_vlan]
>> network_vlan_ranges = physnet1,physnet2
>> [ml2_type_vxlan]
>> vni_ranges = 1:1000
>> [securitygroup]
>> firewall_driver = neutron.agent.linux.iptables_f
>> irewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
>> [agent]
>> tunnel_types = vxlan
>> root_helper_daemon = sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap-daemon
>> /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf
>> root_helper = sudo /usr/local/bin/neutron-rootwrap
>> /etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf
>> [ovs]
>> datapath_type = system
>> bridge_mappings = public:br-ex
>> tunnel_bridge = br-tun
>> local_ip = 192.168.10.20
>>

>> Thanks
>> Zhi Chang

>>> hi Zhi chang,
>>> Could you provide your ml2_conf.ini for ovs agent, I guess the reason is
>>> that your ovs-agent on host devstack can't handle the related segment id.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> shihanzhang
>>>
>>> 在 2016-10-31 18:43:36,"zhi" <changzhi1990 at gmail.com> 写道:
>>>
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> Recently, I watch the OpenStack Summit video named ' Scaling Up
>>> OpenStack Networking with Routed Networks '.  Carl and Miguel made this
>>> topic.  I learned a lot of your topic. Thanks.
>>>
>>> But I have some questions about the demo in the topic.
>>>
>>> I do some steps according to the topic.
>>>
>>> First, creating two networks like this:
>>>
>>> neutron net-create multinet --shared --segments type=dict list=true
>>> provider:physical_network=physnet1,provider:segmentation_id=
>>> 2016,provider:network_type=vlan     provider:physical_network=phys