[openstack-dev] [ironic] [oslo] Template to follow for policy support?

Jay Faulkner jay at jvf.cc
Tue May 31 23:01:58 UTC 2016

Hi all,

During this cycle, on behalf of OSIC, I'll be working on implementing proper oslo.policy support for Ironic. The reasons this is needed probably don't need to be explained here, so I won't :).

I have two requests for the list regarding this though:

1) Is there a general guideline to follow when designing policy roles? There appears to have been some discussion around this already here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245629/, but it hasn't moved in over a month. I want Ironic's implementation of policy to be as 'standard' as possible; but I've had trouble finding any kind of standard.

2) A general call for contributors to help make this happen in Ironic. I want, in the next week, to finish up the research and start on a spec. Anyone willing to help with the design or implementation let me know here or in IRC so we can work together.

Thanks in advance,

Jay Faulkner

P.S. Yes, I am aware of http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/newton/policy-in-code.html and will ensure whatever Ironic does follows this specification.