[openstack-dev] [Nova] State machines in Nova
tdurakov at mirantis.com
Tue May 31 20:03:45 UTC 2016
there is blueprint that was approved during Liberty and resubmitted to
The idea is to define state machines for operations as live-migration,
resize, etc. and to deal with them operation states.
The spec PoC patches are overall good. At the same time I think is will be
good to get agreement on the usage of state-machines in Nova.
There are 2 options:
- implement proposed change and use state machines to deal with states
- could be implemented/merged right now
- cleans up states for migrations
- state machine only deal with states, and it will be hard to
build on top of it task API, as bp  was designed for another thing.
- use state machines in Task API(which I'm going to work on during next
- Task API will orchestrate and deal with long running tasks
- usage state-machines could help with actions
- big amount of work
- requires time.
I'd like to discuss these options in this thread.
 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/320849/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev