[openstack-dev] [higgins] Docker-compose support

Denis Makogon lildee1991 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 17:39:43 UTC 2016

Hello Stackers.

As part of discussions around what Higgins is and what its mission there
are were couple of you who mentioned docker-compose [1] and necessity of
doing the same thing for Higgins but from scratch.

I don't think that going that direction is the best way to spend
development cycles. So, that's why i ask you to take a look at recent
patchset submitted to docker-compose upstream [2] that makes this tool
(initially designed as CLI) to become a library with Python API.  The whole
idea is to make docker-compose look similar to libcompose [3] (written on
Go).

If we need to utilize docker-compose features in Higgins i'd recommend to
work on this with Docker community and convince them to land that patch to
upstream.

[1] https://docs.docker.com/compose/
[2] https://github.com/docker/compose/pull/3535
[3] https://github.com/docker/libcompose