[openstack-dev] [tc] [heat] [murano] [app-catalog] OpenStack Apps Community, several suggestions how to improve collaboration

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 31 16:38:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-31 19:20:22 +0300 (+0300), Sergey Kraynev wrote:
[...]
> ***** *Second part related with changes with future repositories and*
> important for Openstack Infra team *****
> JFYI, what we plan to do as next steps.
>
> Murano team will re-create some applications in their repositories using
> name murano-examples, as reference implementation of some of the
> applications which Murano team decides to keep in their project for
> reference. This can be done by Murano team, no external help needed.
>
> Some of the applications (complicated and big applications like CI/CD
> pipeline or Kubernetes cluster) will have their own repositories in the
> future under openstack/. Actually CI/CD pipeline already lives in separated
> repository, probably Kubernetes should be also moved to separated repo
> going forward. Hopefully this shouldn't be a big deal for OpenStack Infra
> team.
> *However* we would like to get confirmation, that *Infra team* is ok with
> it?

Infra hasn't balked in the past at project teams having however many
Git repositories they need to be able to effectively maintain their
software (see configuration management projects for examples of
fairly large sets of repos). Do you have any guesses as to how many
you're talking about creating in, say, the next year?

> Suggestion is to use common template for names of repositories with Murano
> applications in the future, namely openstack/murano-app-...
> (openstack/murano-app-kubernetes, openstack/murano-app-docker, ...). We'll
> describe overall approach in more details using
> https://launchpad.net/murano-apps as entry point.
>
> Simple applications or applications where there is no active development
> will keep being stored in murano-apps until there is a demand to move some
> of them to separated repository. At that point we'll ask OpenStack Infra
> team to do it.
[...]

Can you clarify what it is you're going to ask Infra to do? I think
the things you're describing can be done entirely through
configuration (you just need some project-config-core reviewers to
approve the changes you propose), but that might mean I'm
misunderstanding you.
--
Jeremy Stanley