[openstack-dev] [congress] Spec for congress.conf

Masahito MUROI muroi.masahito at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon May 30 07:47:37 UTC 2016

Hi Bryan,

On 2016/05/28 2:52, Bryan Sullivan wrote:
> Masahito,
>
> Sorry, I'm not quite clear on the guidance. Sounds like you're saying
> all options will be defaulted by Oslo.config if not set in the
> congress.conf file. That's OK, if I understood.
you're right.

> It's clear to me that some will be deployment-specific.
>
> But what I am asking is where is the spec for:
> - what congress.conf fields are supported i.e. defined for possible
> setting in a release
Your generated congress.conf has a list of all supported config fields.

> - which fields are mandatory to be set (or Congress will simply not work)
> - which fields are not mandatory, but must be set for some specific
> purpose, which right now is unclear
Without deployment-specific configs, IIRC what you need to change from
default only is "drivers" fields to run Congress with default setting.

> I'm hoping the answer isn't "go look at the code"! That won't work for
> end-users, who are looking to use Congress but not decipher the
> meaning/importance of specific fields from the code.
I guess your generated config has the purpose of each config fields.

If you expect the spec means documents like [1], unfortunately Congress
doesn't have these kind of document now.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/

best regards,
Masahito