[openstack-dev] How to run a task when multiple tasks are completed

Alexey Shtokolov ashtokolov at mirantis.com
Wed May 25 14:47:06 UTC 2016

Hi!

In case when all 4 tasks are on the same node you should use 'requires' and
'required_for' fields in the task definition to make dependencies between
them [0].
E.g.:

*- id: Task4*
  *version: [a version of the tasks graph execution engine] *
*  type: [one of: stage, group, skipped, puppet, shell] *
*  role: [matches roles for which this tasks should be executed] *
  *requires: [Task1, Task2, Task3]*

In case of cross-node dependencies you can use 'cross-depends' and
'cross-depended-by' [0].

[0] -
https://docs.mirantis.com/openstack/fuel/fuel-8.0/reference-architecture.html#task-based-deployment

Venkata.Jonnalagadda at intl.att.com>:

> Fuel Team,
>

> I have couple of tasks in Fuel (deployment_tasks.yaml) as below –
>

> Task1
>
> Task2
>
> Task3
>
> Task4
>

> Now, I want to run Task4 only when Tasks-1,2,3 are completed. How I can
> configure this in deployment_tasks yaml ? Please suggest.
>

> *Thanks & Regards,*
>

> *J. Venkata Mahesh*

---
WBR, Alexey Shtokolov