[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Storing deployment configuration before or after a successful deployment

Roman Prykhodchenko me at romcheg.me
Wed May 25 12:05:48 UTC 2016

Folks,

Recently we were investigating an issue [1] when a user configured a cluster to cause deployment to fail and then expected a discard button will allow to reset changes made after that failure. As Julia mentioned in her comment on the bug, basically what we’ve got is that users actually perceive the meaning of a cluster.deployed attribute as a snapshot to a latest deployment configuration while it was designed to keep the latest configuration of a successful deployment. Should we re-consider the meaning of that attribute and therefore features and the action of the Discard button?