[openstack-dev] [fuel] discovery and deploy a compute node automatically

Aleksandr Didenko adidenko at mirantis.com
Wed May 25 10:25:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

+1 to Igor. It should be easily doable via some sort of "watcher" script
(run it as a daemon or under cron), that script should:

- watch for new nodes in 'discover' state. CLI example:
  fuel nodes
- assign new nodes to env with compute role. CLI example:
  fuel --env $ENV_ID node set --node $NEW_NODE_ID --role compute
- update networks assignment for new node. CLI example:
  fuel node --node $NEW_NODE_ID --network --download
  # edit /root/node_$NEW_NODE_ID/interfaces.yaml
  fuel node --node $NEW_NODE_ID --network --upload
- deploy changes. CLI example:
  fuel deploy-changes --env $ENV_ID

Regards,
Alex