[openstack-dev] [magnum] Need helps to implement the full baremetals support

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Tue May 24 21:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi all,

One of the most important feature that Magnum team wants to deliver in Newton is the full baremetal support. There is a blueprint [1] created for that and the blueprint was marked as "essential" (that is the highest priority). Spyros is the owner of the blueprint and he is looking for helps from other contributors. For now, we immediately needs help to fix the existing Ironic templates [2][3][4] that are used to provision a Kubernetes cluster on top of baremetal instances. These templates were used to work, but they become outdated right now. We need help to fix those Heat template as an initial step of the implementation. Contributors are expected to follow the Ironic devstack guide to setup the environment. Then, exercise those templates in Heat.

If you interest to take the work, please contact Spyros or me and we will coordinate the efforts.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/magnum-baremetal-full-support
[2] https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/magnum/templates/kubernetes/kubecluster-fedora-ironic.yaml
[3] https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/magnum/templates/kubernetes/kubemaster-fedora-ironic.yaml
[4] https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/magnum/templates/kubernetes/kubeminion-fedora-ironic.yaml