[openstack-dev] Neutron: Octavia: LBaaS: RFE created for DVR support for unbound allowed_address_pair port with FIP which are associated with multiple VMs that are active.

Vasudevan, Swaminathan (PNB Roseville) swaminathan.vasudevan at hpe.com
Thu May 19 16:43:27 UTC 2016

Hi Folks,
There has been recently a lot of requests for Neutron DVR to support unbound allowed_address_pair port with FIP which are associated with multiple VMs that are ACTIVE to provide High Availability to the VMs.

This use case is being heavily used by Octavia.

Based on the request and the current DVR design I have put together an RFE and I need the community input to proceed further with your feedback and thoughts.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1583694

Please provide your feedback on thoughts on the RFE.

Thanks.

Swaminathan Vasudevan
Systems Software Engineer (TC)

HP Networking