[openstack-dev] [all][requirements] Refresher on how to use global requirements process

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu May 19 13:28:36 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Dirk Müller's message of 2016-05-19 15:12:40 +0200:

> > It's already fully documented in the requirements repo README; if
> > there is no link to that from the project-guide, we should add one,
> > but I would not duplicate the content.
>
> Agreed. The project driver guide is not very explicit on this
> (http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/drivers.html#package-requirements)
> and it should at least contain a pointer to the readme. I'll submit a
> review for that.
>
> However, in my opinion the README.rst is an unfortuante mix of
> information for the requirements project maintainers/reviewers as well
> as for "consumers" of the requirements repo. I would prefer to
> separate out that information into two different locations (maybe two
> different files even) that are more targetted towards the particular
> audience.
>
> I'll suggest this as a topic for the next requirements irc meeting.

Cleaning up the readme makes a lot of sense. If we end up wanting to
split it a lot, I'd suggest moving some of the "consumer" facing info to
the project team guide, but it's moderately less easy to change there
because the reviewer group is different.

Doug