[openstack-dev] [fixtures] Re: [Neutron][Stable][Liberty][CLI] Gate broken

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu May 19 01:34:38 UTC 2016

On 18 May 2016 at 19:55, Ihar Hrachyshka <ihrachys at redhat.com> wrote:

>> On 18 May 2016, at 05:31, Darek Smigiel <smigiel.dariusz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Stable Maint Team,
>> It seems that python-neutronclient gate for Liberty is broken[1][2] by update for keystoneclient. OpenStack proposal bot already sent update to requirements [3], but it needs to be merged.
>> If you have enough power, please unblock gate.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Darek

> Right.
>
> I actually looked at the requirements update yesterday, and the problem is that it also fails in gate due to fixtures 2.0.0 being used in client gate, and apparently misbehaving for python3:

FWIW there is actually a fairly deep bug in MonkeyPatch that we'd
simply been fortunate to not hit, though folk had been unknowningly
working around edge cases for some time. We applied what looked like a
shallow fix leading to 2.0.0, but investigating the fallout from that
got us to understand the actual depth of the rabbit hole and Andrew
and I have been collaborating on a comprehensive, fix it forever patch
set since.

-Rob