[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [Aodh] add "meter-list" command in Aodh CLI

li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn
Wed May 18 03:30:33 UTC 2016

Ok, Perfect.
I like this solution. subsequently, I would like to add this message in
aodhclient.

Thank you very much

Best Regards
Rajen

> Hi,
>

> We shouldn't have 'meter-list' in aodhclient.
>
> Nova have API and function to show image list, and 'nova image-list' is
talking to nova, not glance. It would be strange if '$ aodh meter-list'
(aodhclient) made request to ceilometer.

> On the other hand, I understand your concern. We can improve aodh
document and/or add help message of aodhclient, saying like 'meter can be
found in ceilometer'. What do you think?

aji.zqfan at gmail.com; ildiko.vancsa at ericsson.com;
> > lianhao.lu at intel.com; Mibu Ryota(壬生 亮太); zhang.yujunz at zte.com.cn
> > Subject: [Openstack] [Aodh] add "meter-list" command in Aodh CLI
> >
> > So sorry, my mistake when create the link.

> > > I don't think so, that's a Ceilometer command. There's no need for
> > > Aodh client to talk to Ceilometer.
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion, but I have a different opinion.
> > meter list, I think, is not exclusive for ceilometer command,
especially after aodh is seperated from ceilometer.
> > Add meter list in Aodh CLI can make user more convenience and easy to
use Aodh, such as when users create a threshold
> > alarm and don't know which kind of meter is supported, users can
easily query it by meter-list.
> > For example, "nova image-list ", as well as "glance list"command, can
get the image value, which is required for creating
> > a instance by "nova boot --image <image> ".
> >
> > But there is really an ambiguity for the " migrate meter-list command
from ceilometer CLI to Aodh CLI ", my miss.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/migrate-meter-list-com
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/migrate-meter-list-co

> > > Thanks for your effort! Though I'd like to point a few problems
here:
> > > 1. This blueprint is created in Cinder 2. You sent this mail to the
> > > *user* mailing list, and not to the
> > >    developer mailing list (openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org)
> > > 3. You did not discuss anything on the dev mailing list with any of
the
> > >   active Telemetry developer before, and just took action before we
can
> > >   comment and state that this is a bad idea (like I just did). Not
the
> > >   best move.
> > > 4. Cc'ing individuals is not the best move (again, dev mailing list
is
> > >    the right medium)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > --
> > > Julien Danjou
> >
> > I will obsolete the link in cinder, and thank you for your suggestion
again.

> > ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this
mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is
> > privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient,
> > any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or
use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.