[openstack-dev] [all] Deprecated options in sample configs?

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Tue May 17 20:13:58 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Ben Nemec <openstack at nemebean.com> wrote:

> I'm +1 on removing them from sample configs.  This feels like release
> note information to me, and if someone happens to miss the release note
> then they'll get deprecation warnings in their logs.  The sample config
> entries are redundant and just clutter things up for new deployments.

As Matt explained, we use the sample config file to get information
about existing, deprecated and soon to be removed configuration.
I'm not reading the release notes as it's not the definitive source of
truth. Someone could very well forget to include a note about a
deprecation.
Furthermore, release notes only cover the latest version, not all of
them. This means I end up having to browse through multiple release
notes to make sure I don't miss one.