[openstack-dev] [Telemetry] Time to test and import Panko

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue May 17 12:29:43 UTC 2016

Hi fellows,

I'm done creating Panko, our new project born from cutting off the event
part of Ceilometer. It's at: https://github.com/jd/panko

There are only a few commits as you can see:

  https://github.com/jd/panko/commits/master

The code has been created in a 4 steps process:
1. Remove code that is not related to events storage and API
2. Rename to Panko
3. Remove base class for dispatcher
4. Rename database event dispatcher to panko

Some testing would be welcome. It should be pretty straightforward, it
provides `panko-api' that has a /v2/events endpoint and a "panko"
event dispatcher for ceilometer-collector.

The devstack plugin might need some love to integrate with Ceilometer,
but I imagine we can do that in a later pass.

I'm gonna create the openstack-infra patch to import the project unless
someone tells me not to.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou