[openstack-dev] [kolla] Newton Milestone #1 and #2 obectives

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon May 16 16:22:43 UTC 2016

Hey OpenStackers,

I'd like to point out a few commitments made at OpenStack summit during various discussions among the community.  Our direction (if your looking for work to do ;) should be the following:

  *   Ansible 2.0 implementation.
  *   Making the dashboard load automated.
  *   Extending the kolla gate with more test cases.
  *   Finishing the job on the threat analysis for kolla repo.
  *   Sorting out plugins.
  *   Integrating with bifrost in a "more then documentation" way at least for the Ansible orchestration use case.
  *   Solving our pain points described here [1].

Finally now that Kolla has released Kolla Liberty 1.1.0 and Kolla Mitaka 2.0.0, Operators expect z-streams to resolve defects.  I'd like these to release every 45 days around the time the main milestone is scheduled for release.  Since there are NOT features going into these z-streams, it should be fairly painless to test and release them.  Our first z streams are Liberty 1.1.1 [2] and Mitaka 2.0.1 [3].

If your looking to get involved in Kolla, solving pain points or fixing z-streamable defects in master and then backporting them to the stable branches is a great way to come up to speed on the code base!

If your a new contributor, feel free to reach out to the core review team on #openstack-kolla on freenode.

Regards
-steve

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kolla-newton-summit-pain-points
[2] https://launchpad.net/kolla/+milestone/1.1.1