[openstack-dev] [neutron][ovo] NeutronDbObject concurrency issues

Ilya Chukhnakov ichukhnakov at mirantis.com
Mon May 16 15:49:21 UTC 2016

On 16 May 2016, at 18:18, Michał Dulko <michal.dulko at intel.com> wrote:
> In Cinder we're handling similar problems related to race conditions
> between status check and status change with conditional updates.
> Basically we're doing "UPDATE table SET status='abc' WHERE id=1 AND
> status='status_allowing_transition_to_foo';".
Thanks for the info. I'll certainly look into it. But for now I'm planning to reuse
revision numbers from [1].

> In general the problem you're mentioning is related more to the
> concurrent DB updates and o.vo never aimed for magically solving that
> problem. I believe you've had same problem with raw SQLA objects.
For SQLA we at least have an option to use with_for_update (I've found it is being
used in some places). But with OVO we do not have that level of control yet.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303966