[openstack-dev] Nova API is run on controller node instead of Compute node

Tarun er.tarun.9986 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:58:51 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have setup the Openstack controller and compue node on 2 VMs in my
windows 8 Laptop.

It is running.

I am starting development for the NOVA compute APIs.

To kick-off, i am trying to call compute API, for example:

$nova hypervisor-list
Response is OK.
It should call the 'show' function of hypervisors.py in the nova.
Response is coming from nova code at controller node.

[Problem]
There is hypervisors.py file present on both controller and compute node.
Path
is /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/api/openstack/compute/contrib/hypervisors.py

I have put logs in the 'show' function in hypervisors.py file present on
both controller and compute node.
But, 'show' function called at controller side only. It is not invoking
functions of hypervisors.py at compute node.

Please let me know whether there is conf file parameters gaps in openstack
modules (nova) or any other gap, which would allow my setup to call compute
API code from compute node instead of controller when compute API is run
from controller node.

I am not able to get what is exact flow from nova at controller node to
nova at compute node when compute API is called from controller node.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs.

--
Thanking you.

Regards,
Tarun