[openstack-dev] [Storlets] Swift copy middlleware

Eran Rom ERANR at il.ibm.com
Mon May 16 06:12:59 UTC 2016

<kajinamit at nttdata.co.jp> wrote on 16/05/2016 04:32:58 AM:

> From: <kajinamit at nttdata.co.jp>
> To: <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
> Date: 16/05/2016 04:36 AM
> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Storlets] Swift copy middlleware
>
> > I agree with Kota, and I think this is the easiest way to fix the
problem.
> I noticed that placing storlets_middleware outside copy may require
> some changes about slo handling,
> because now it is assumed that storlets_middleware is placed
> "inside" slo, right?
> (I noticed this just after sending my previous e-mail :-( )
>
> I think we had better make sure about what should be fixed in each
> solutions, at this time.

Agree.
Here is what I see at a high level:
Option 1: Putting the storlet middleware at the left of the
copy middleware:
- Minimal code changes. We do need to take care of the utility
  Functions check_copy_from_header and check_destination_header
  I think are now private to the copy middleware.
- Have some duplicate with the copy middleware, unless we can
  use it as "an API"

Option 2: Leave the middleware where it is, and make sure we do
not execute the storlet in both the get and the put.
- Relies on internal perhaps not documented and not backwards
  Compatible way to determine that the GET/PUT are copy middleware
  generated.

Personally, I prefer option 2, but need to better understand what
We are relying on for knowing the GET/PUT are generated by the copy
Middleware.