[openstack-dev] [Neutron] support of NSH in networking-SFC

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Sat May 14 00:14:00 UTC 2016

On 13 May 2016 at 16:01, Cathy Zhang <Cathy.H.Zhang at huawei.com> wrote:

> Hi Uri,
>

> Current networking-sfc API allows the user to specify the data path SFC
> encapsulation mechanism and NSH could be one of the encapsulation options.
>
> But since OVS release has not supported the NSH yet, we have to wait until
>  NSH is added into OVS and then start to support the NSH encapsulation
> mechanism in the data path.

One can support NSH whichever way they see fit. NSH in OVS is not something
Neutron can do anything about. Neutron is about defining abstractions that
can apply to a variety of technologies and experiment with what open source
component is available on the shelves. Anyone can take the abstraction and
deliver whatever technology stack they want with it and we'd happily gather
any feedback to iterate on the abstraction to address more and more use
case.