[openstack-dev] [Congress] driver (authentication issue)

Tim Hinrichs tim at styra.com
Fri May 13 21:19:05 UTC 2016

Hi Yue,

Added the mailing list to this one too.  Responses inline.

If you're comfortable with IRC, you can go to the #congress channel on
chat.freenode.net to ask question in real time.  Would likely be quicker
than debugging over email.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM Yue Xin <xinyuefeiyang at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Tim,
>
> Thank you so much for your warm help previously.
> I have written a driver as a demo to create a table on congress. it
> succeed. But when I use the command to list the table, the error is:
> [image: image.png]
> "internal server error (http 500)"

That looks like a bug--you shouldn't see 500 errors.  We'd need more info
to help you avoid the problem: (i) the command you used to create the
'test' datasource and (ii) the datasource driver code that you created.

> [image: image.png]
>
> when I want to use curl to access localhost:1789 the error is
> authentication required. I tried to add -u congress:password, still get
> this error.

To use curl, the easiest thing to do is go into /etc/congress/congress.conf
and change the auth_strategy from keystone to noauth, and restart the
congress server.  Then Congress won't ask for authentication credentials.

auth_strategy = noauth

Tim