[openstack-dev] [ironic][openstackclient] deprecation process

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Thu May 12 13:46:20 UTC 2016

Hi OpenStackClient folks,

Ironic is following the standard deprecation process [1]. We added an OSC plugin and realized that we didn’t get the commands quite right. This patch [2] adds the right commands and deprecates the wrong ones. My question is what the deprecation process might be. Since it is a plugin to OSC, should it follow OSC’s deprecation process and if so, what might that process be? Or since the commands are related to ironic, should it follow ironic’s deprecation process? In particular, I wanted to know how long should/must we support those deprecated commands.

For the user’s sake, it seems like it would make sense that all OSC (plugin or not, does the user know the difference?) commands follow the same deprecation policy.

I took a quick look and didn’t see anything documented about this, so I might have missed it.

What sez you?

—ruby

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/assert_follows-standard-deprecation.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/284160