[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu May 12 12:01:11 UTC 2016

Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]
> So, given that that is the model - why is language part of it? Yes,
> there are minimum overheads to having a given language in CI [...]

By "minimum" do you mean that they are someone else's problem ?

There are economics at play here. Adding a language simplifies the work
of some and make more work for others. Obviously "some" see mostly
benefits and "others" see mostly drawbacks. You're just creating an
externality[1].

So rather than shifting workloads to someone else or pretending there is
no problem, let's take the time to calmly measure the cost, see what
resources we have lined up to address that cost, and make a decision
from there.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)