[openstack-dev] [magnum] Jinja2 for Heat template

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Thu May 12 08:08:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

not sure why 3 will bring chaos when implemented properly.

Can you abstract the "thing" (sorry, not quite familiar with Magnum) that
needs FP + FP itself into a custom resource/nested stack? Then you could
use single master template plus two environments (one with FP, one
without), and choose which one to use right where you have this logic split
in your code.

Option 2 is not so bad either IMO (AFAIK Trove was doing that at sometime,
not sure of current status), but the above would be nicer.

Best regards,

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc