[openstack-dev] [neutron][devstack] State of the refactor

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Wed May 11 18:48:36 UTC 2016

A quick update, https://review.openstack.org/168438 has landed.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done, Armando and I spoke
yesterday about some of the hooks that are present in neutron-legacy
that both in-tree and out-of-tree consumers rely on being called.

Doing a quick git grep - we have the following:

* neutron_plugin_install_agent_packages
* neutron_plugin_configure_dhcp_agent neutron_plugin_configure_l3_agent
* neutron_plugin_configure_plugin_agent neutron_plugin_configure_service
* neutron_plugin_setup_interface_driver
* neutron_plugin_create_initial_networks

I think that many of these entrypoints most likely need to be formalized
in our plugin.sh[1] contract. Perhaps not exactly as they are today, but
we do need a phase in the plugin contract where these kinds of things
should exist.

[1]: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/plugins.html#plugin-sh-contract

--
Sean M. Collins