[openstack-dev] [oslo][mistral] Saga of process than ack and where can we go from here...

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Wed May 11 07:00:12 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:13:46PM -0400, Zane Bitter wrote:
>The alternative proposed was to create some sort of proxy that listens
>for notifications, sanitises them and drops them into the appropriate
>Zaqar queues. So this would be an example that:
>
>* Requires at-least-once delivery semantics
>* Is fundamentally a message queue (not a job queue, and not RPC)
>* Receives notifications sent from oslo.messaging

You are described the already existing Notification API (listener part).
It:
* Uses 'at-least-once' delivery allow to manually requeue messages.
* allow to read messages in batch from the queues and we do not reply to
* message because this is a queue API

This is used by Ceilometer to read notification from all Openstack
project. Ceilometer handles duplicate itself. If you want convert
'undercloud' notification into 'Cloud' notification, that can be a
solution.

About sanitizing the notification, good luck, because nothing is not
currently versionned and formatted. Nova have started some work to
produce notification payload with oslo.vo, but this is the only project.

Cheers,

--
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net