[openstack-dev] Team blogs

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Tue May 10 15:47:11 UTC 2016

Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-05-09 19:46:14 -0400 (-0400), Sean Dague wrote:
>> Honestly, I'm really liking that more of them are hitting the
>> mailing list proper this time around. Discoverability is key. The
>> mailing list is a shared medium, archived forever.
>
> I feel the same (says the guy who is still in the process of
> drafting his to send to the ML, hopefully later today). I'm not sure
> what drives people to put these on random personal blogs instead,
> but the "blog" of our contributor community is the openstack-dev
> mailing list.

Understood (it's also why I sent the oslo one to the ML); just my
thinking was along the lines of something more project focused (yes u
could say ML tags are this) and a little more free-form. Perhaps
something that could say include diagrams and pictures, for example to
explain how `XYZ` feature is done, a diagram explaining/showing the
components of `XYZ` can be very useful.

I guess since the wiki might be going away, perhaps these project blogs
could be the replacement? Something perhaps like
https://openstack-security.github.io/ (but say not on github); at least
then it becomes the projects job to prune content and approve new
content (via gerrit?) and IMHO would lead to less spam (although I do
find it funny that when I have to edit the wiki it recently asks me
questions like 'what is the first letter of this question' before
saving, I guess that's for spam protection).

Seems like something like the following really wouldn't be that hard?

http://openstack.org/blog/oslo
http://openstack.org/blog/nova
http://openstack.org/blog/$project_here

-Josh