[openstack-dev] Team blogs

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Tue May 10 08:38:19 UTC 2016

On 9 May 2016 at 23:37, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:

> After seeing the amount of summit recaps and the scattered nature of these
> (some on the ML, some on etherpads, some on personal blogs); I am starting
> to wonder if we should again bring up the question of having infra (and I
> guess the foundation?) support/provide a place for team blogs...
>
> I've heard its been discussed before but nothing much ever came of that
> (not enough people?) and I'm wondering if we can restart this kind of
> effort so that teams can show-case what is happening in there project,
> project summit recaps, newer or advertise less used features/functionality
> and so-on. Having such hosted team blogs also makes it easier to have a
> history of information (personal blogs can be deleted...) and I think can
> be quite useful for collaboration/information sharing.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Josh

The OpenStack Security Project has currently put their blog on github,
using Jekyll.. because of the low barrier of entry and collaborative review
nature of git.
http://openstack-security.github.io

It would be nicer if this workflow could be ported to other teams and was
hosted within openstack-infra and using standard tooling.

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker