[openstack-dev] config options: current state (R-21)

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon May 9 21:12:24 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 2:12 AM, Markus Zoeller <mzoeller at de.ibm.com> wrote:

> We're close to have all options moved to "nova/conf/". At the bottom
> is a list of the remaining options and their open reviews.
>
> The documentation of the options in "nova/conf/" is done for ~ 150
> options. Which means ~ 450 are missing. This means there are still
> around 80 changes necessary to complete the work. The deadline for this
> work is June 30th [1]. Please note that this is 2 weeks shorter than
> usual due to the huge backlog of nova work items.
>
> If you have moved config options, please ensure that a follow up patch
> which improves the config option help texts is ready for review.
> This is the most important part of this effort.
>
> For questions, ping me in #openstack-nova
>
> References
> [1] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html
>
> Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)
>
> Appendix:
> =========
>
>  nova [1]                https://review.openstack.org/314091
> --- api [3]              https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309192/ et al.
> ------ metadata [4]            see above ^^^
> ------ openstack [6]           see above ^^^
> --------- compute [2]          see above ^^^
> ------------ legacy_v2 [2]     see above ^^^
> --------------- contrib [6]    see above ^^^
> --- cmd [2]              TODO markus_z
> --- compute [1]          https://review.openstack.org/314123
> --- db [4]               https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263804/
> ------ sqlalchemy [13]   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263804/
> --- image [7]            https://review.openstack.org/314146
> ------ download [2]      TODO markus_z
> --- network [2]          https://review.openstack.org/#/c/274210/
> --- servicegroup [1]     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303074
> ------ libvirt [0]
> --------- volume [11]    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309342/5 et al.
> ------ xenapi [3]        https://review.openstack.org/#/c/302446/

I don't know if its useful to others, but I've created a dashboard for
these and put it on https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/GerritDashboards
-- there actually aren't all that many reviews out at the moment, so I
guess we're waiting mostly on people to document flags?

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia