[openstack-dev] [neutron] Re: [stable] Requesting exception for stable/kilo

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:11:57 UTC 2016

Hi Sukhdev, Dave,

I think this backport is acceptable.

In Kilo release, neutron is in a middle way of splitting vendor codes
to separate repositories.
The master fix is available at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309622/ and
as far as I checked, stable/kilo fix are split into two parts:
- networking-arista (db_api code): https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309651/
- neutron : https://review.openstack.org/#/c/309653/
It satisfies the guideline of backport of split-out vendor code [1].

One point I'd like to mention is that this change requires a new
release of networking-arista
because the change uses new method from networking-arista.
Do you need to update the vendor requirements.txt file [2] ?

Otherwise it looks good.

Akihiro

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/contribute.html#backport-management-strategies
[2] https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/stable/kilo/neutron/plugins/ml2/drivers/arista/requirements.txt