[openstack-dev] [vitrage] [congress] Vitrage-Congress Collaboration

Weyl, Alexey (Nokia - IL) alexey.weyl at nokia.com
Mon May 9 15:17:50 UTC 2016

Hi Tim,

I agree – creating a datasource from Vitrage to Congress is the first step, and we should have some concrete use case in mind to help guide this process.

The most straightforward use case I would suggest is when there is a problem on an instance that is caused by some problem on the physical host. Then:

·         Vitrage will notify about an alarm on the instance, which Congress will receive

·         Congress can then call the Vitrage RCA API. The response will state that the cause of the instance alarm is the host alarm.

·         Congress policy can define that in such a case, the instance should be migrated to (or healed on) a different physical host

Does this seem like a good first step for you?

Thanks,
Alexey