[openstack-dev] [tc] supporting Go

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:06:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:57 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:

> Do you know if that's already in use in some distros?

Since the Go toolchain is pretty self-contained, most people just follow
the official instructions to get it installed... by a one-step:

# tar -C /usr/local -xzf go$VERSION.$OS-$ARCH.tar.gz

(Ref: https://golang.org/doc/install )

IMO, that the beauty of Go (the Go compiler is itself written in Go) -- as
the compiler generates static binaries, deployment is usually done by
copying the binaries to the remote machine.

And looks like Ubuntu 16.04 has official binaries for Go 1.6. Again, I've
never installed Go from apt-get or yum!

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/xenial/+source/golang-1.6

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/