[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Ceph][Kingbird][Tricircle][Smaug]Build a multisite disaster recovery "stack"

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Mon May 9 03:19:48 UTC 2016

Hello, Sébastien,

Thank you very much that you are interested in Kingbird, which is part of OPNFV Multisite project. Most of discussion was held in OPNFV thread. Maybe it's good to discuss whether to move the all activities to OpenStack thread.

And Tricircle is not only focus in NFV area. In fact, for V1 Tricircle (usually called OpenStack cascading, some Nova driver, Cinder Diver / L2/L3 agent were added to OpenStack ) is first used in public cloud, like Huawei Enterprise Cloud for China enterprises, and DT OTC cloud, and some other public/private clouds not mentioned here, they are not NFV area. The open source developed V2 Tricircle, which is fully decoupled from OpenStack, provides an OpenStack API gateway and networking automation to allow multiple OpenStack instances, spanning in one site or multiple sites to be managed as a single OpenStack cloud.

The slides[1] may help you understand Tricircle, and the video[2] in the Austin summit can help you the difference between Tricircle and Kingbird and how they work together under different scenario.
[1] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UQWeAMIJgJsWw-cyz9R7NvcAuSWUnKvaZFXLfRAQ6fI/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32rUlLFsUI

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang ( Joe Huang )